Remember when everyone swore they’d flee the country if Donald Trump was elected President?
Digital analytics firm, Luminoso, reported about 180,000 such tweets in 2016.
My two predictions were…
1. Less than 10% of the people who say they will… actually will
2. Those who do won’t experience the freedom they were looking for
So, what happened with Laura?
Last year, Canada reported 9,000 immigrants from the US, including those fleeing Trump.
That means that less than 5% of them did what they said they did.
Turns out Laura made the move.
And just a few months later, she found herself bumping into the same frustrations.
Here are my two takeaways from this story:
1. Most people who say they’ll take action don’t. They’re satisfied with the emotional “high” of thinking they will. But that always disappears.
2. Drastic change doesn’t always work. It has to be the right change.
That’s why we’re calling you to take action right now.
Don’t move to Canada.
Change the shape of your work instead:
– No bureaucratic red tape
– No incompetent supervisors
– No earning ceiling
– No administrative soul-suckish tasks